Friday, May 21, 2010

My New House


The neighbors living in the house right beside ours started moving out last week. Christie and I talked about it and thought it would be really cool if I could live there for the rest of my time here. It would give me a chance to be more “on my own.”

Wednesday afternoon we got the go-ahead on moving in. Within minutes the girls and I had all my stuff moved over here. With help from Saul and Oscar, who moved my dresser for me. Christie took me shopping for a few items I knew I’d need. We searched a few stores for an outdoor stove. Finally found one. I paid about $2 for it. That was pretty awesome!

We went by our friend’s store, where we love to go for blankets and rugs. I bought two of the cutest rugs. She’s so sweet! She gave me a house-warming gift….two little doily-type things that are crocheted with flowers. They’re so pretty! I don’t have anywhere to put them right now, maybe I can find a place for them.

My first night here, I thought I broke the shower. The second night, I broke one of the hinges on the bathroom door. Hmm….what should I break next?

Our friend Patricia is supposed to be moving in with me sometime next week. That will be fun! Maybe she can teach me how to use this outdoor stove. I’m sure it’s not hard. I got over my fear of matches last night, as I lit about 12 of them trying to get my mosquito things to stay lit.

No comments:

Post a Comment