Sunday, January 3, 2010

Saying Goodbye

Only two more full days before I leave. The hardest part has been saying goodbye to people. Sometimes we take for granted the people we see everyday or every week. I'd like to say, oh it's not a big deal, we can email and chat online. But we all know that's not the same. It's not the same as seeing them face to face and giving them hugs. I can't just rush over whenever they need me or I need them. I can't sit with them for hours talking, laughing and crying. I know I will be meeting a lot of new people, forming new friendships. But I know I'll be missing everyone so much!!

I guess I say all of that to say that this is the hard part. So far, everything else has gone smoothly. This is the part I wasn't prepared for. The other night, I sat at a friends house and said, "I know I have to get up and leave. I just don't know how to do this."

And we haven't even gotten to the "big goodbye" yet. April, Matt & Seth have decided to go to the airport with us on Wednesday. So I will have them and my parents there to see me off. I don't even want to think about how that will go.

1 comment:

  1. I'm so glad your getting to do this. I'm on board to read!

    ReplyDelete