Sunday, February 21, 2010

Alrededor de la plaza


I’ve said that a lot yesterday because I like that I can say it and I know what it means. It means “around the plaza.” The plaza is sort of like a park. I think it’s very pretty. There’s a walkway all around the outside and through the middle, a lot of benches painted bright colors, and a playground.

Yesterday one of our friends asked if we would like to go to the plaza after church and hang out. Saturday night is youth service at our church. Afterwards, we walked to the plaza. There were a ton of people there that we know. We just sat around for awhile talking and sharing drinks, taking pictures and hanging out. Christian was there. He walked around with us and practiced his English. We had so much fun there! I’d love to do that every week.

When we got back to the house, Heather, Milciades and I stayed up til almost 3am working on our Spanish/English. I even learned a few Guarani words.

1 comment:

  1. I can't believe you were drinking that grapefruit gaseosa. UGH! Uacala! The soft drinks are growing on me, but I don't think I'll ever be a fan of the grapefruit version. It was a fun night!!

    ReplyDelete