Sunday, February 21, 2010

Movie Night

Friday night was movie night in the youth center. We showed Nacho Libre. I’m not much of a fan. So I sat out on the porch where I could still hear and see it but with less volume and a slight breeze. I was sitting out there when a guy named Christian came up and started talking to me in English. I was taken by surprise and thought for a minute that I may be confused and imagining things. It turns out he teaches at the elementary school and he’s taking English classes so he can teach English. He’s a very nice guy.

After the movie, we all sat out on the porch talking for a long time. I took Heather out in the road and showed her the southern cross. You can always see it good right in front of our house. After everyone left Ken, Christie, Camille, Milciades, Heather, and I all walked to get ice cream. It was 11:00 by then. So our usual ice cream shop was closed and we had to walk to the gas station to get it. I found the most incredible ice cream bar there. It was a lemon pie flavored ice cream bar. The lady was like, she does know this is lemon right? I guess that sounds gross to most other people. It was delicious!

When we got back to the house, we watched Avatar. I liked what I saw of it but wasn’t in a movie-mood. So I snuck upstairs to shower.

No comments:

Post a Comment