Friday, February 5, 2010

Ice Cream & The Carnival


Ice cream has never been a favorite thing of mine. Since my dad has worked for ice cream companies almost my whole life, we’ve always had it around. So it’s never been much of a treat for me. Since I’ve been here, I’ve definitely appreciated ice cream a lot more. There’s one ice cream place not too far from our house that we love. The ice cream cones are only 20 cents. My favorite is chocolate chunk. It’s not even real chocolate chunks in it but I love it. It’s vanilla ice cream with chocolate sprinkles in it. So yummy! Especially when it’s 115 degrees outside.

Tuesday night we walked to get an ice cream cone and then walked to the carnival. The carnival had four rides. One was a carousel with wooden horses. There were kids sitting on it and playing on it the whole time but we never saw it actually move. One ride had little cars and just went around in a circle. They had the ride with all the swings that go in a circle. It was going extremely fast. And it looked like all that held you in was a small belt. There’s no way I would have ridden that one! The other was a ferris wheel. That was all we rode. It was a lot of fun! It’s always fun when you get to do something different from the everyday stuff. There were a few games and an area with food. At least now I can say I’ve been to a carnival in Paraguay!

No comments:

Post a Comment