Friday, February 26, 2010

Sunday



Sundays are very busy for us. But this past Sunday included a lot of fun and a little rest. It was around 3am when we went to bed that morning. Then we had to get up, eat breakfast and be ready for la hora feliz at 10am.

We had less kids this week, about 7, all girls. First we gave them each a coloring page and let them color out on the front porch. The pages we printed off this week were of animal masks. We told the story of Noah’s ark and thought it would be fun for them to act it out. After the story, we passed out cookies and kool-aid. I usually make the kool-aid and somehow I messed it up this week. I thought the big package was for the big picture but it’s not. It’s only big because it already has sugar in it. The kool-aid here is always very strong and sweet, usually too sweet for me. But the kids would not drink it all at this time. It was like watermelon flavored water. They went on and on about how nasty it was, making faces and spitting it out.

At 2pm we had our young ladies’ study group. We discussed the chapter on lies we sometimes believe about God, such as “He’s not really involved in the details of my life.” It was a very good lesson. I also made kool-aid for that. But I made it the right way.
After our study, all the girls decided to come upstairs and hang out in the air-conditioned rooms. At first I was laying on my mattress in the floor, trying to rest. Then they all started painting fingernails. I joined in and let one of the girls paint my nails. They were pink with little flowers on them.

Sometime before the girls left, I fell asleep. Christie fell asleep on Camille’s bed, on the top bunk. I woke up about 8:30, not knowing what time it was or if everyone was at church or not. Christie was still asleep. We were exhausted and thankful that the girls let us take a nap in their room. We usually go to church on Sunday nights but this week Christie and I slept right through it.

No comments:

Post a Comment