Sunday, February 21, 2010

The wheels on the bus

I’m starting to get used to the buses. We haven’t had a vehicle since the first day I was here. Those with a vehicle I’m sure take them for granted and can’t imagine having to ride the bus to work everyday, or in our case, every time we want to leave town. It will be nice when we do get the truck back to be able to travel more. But I really like being able to walk down the road and shop or get ice cream or whatever.

Tuesday evening Christie and I took a trip to Itaugua. We thought we were leaving at a good time and the bus wouldn’t be too full. The first bus we took was packed. We had to stand the whole hour. It started raining right before we got to our stop. At that stop, we waited for about 30 minutes to catch our next bus. While we were waiting, we went into a little store and looked around. That’s always fun. There are stores everywhere.

I came back from Itaugua on Friday evening. Heather & Milciades came back with me. That day we only had to take one bus. It was about an hour trip. At first we had to stand but it wasn’t long before people started getting off and we were able to find seats. For awhile we all got to sit together and practice what I call “Spanish/English.” That’s where Milciades helps me with my Spanish and Heather and I help him with his English. That’s always interesting and a lot of fun! My favorite thing to say now is, “La nube blanca es grande.” Haha

No comments:

Post a Comment