Monday, April 5, 2010

Infection, antibiotics, and restless nights….

Are not good for the mind. While we were still in Uruguay, I started having problems with my sinuses. It’s just gotten worse since then. I started taking an antibiotic on Saturday and I’ve been taking cough syrup. At night, I can’t seem to fall asleep because I can’t stop coughing long enough to.

Two nights ago, it was 5am before I was able to fall asleep. Last night I got in the bed early, hoping to get more rest. I was able to fall asleep pretty quickly but woke myself up coughing. When I looked at the clock and saw that it was only 11:00, I was so upset because I had only slept for an hour and a half.

Remember now, I’m sick and I was just starting to wake up….I became even more frustrated, as these were the thoughts going through my mind….”I’m coughing in English. It’s supposed to be in Spanish. But how do I do it in Spanish? I don’t know how. They’re all going to get mad at me because I can’t do it in Spanish. Maybe if I can stop, they won’t hear me. But I can’t stop. I have to figure it out in Spanish.” A few minutes later, when I was fully awake, I thought, “I’m going CRAZY!”

It was about 4 hours later when I was finally able to go back to sleep. I had crazy dreams, which is pretty normal for me. But there was one that I didn’t even remember until later this afternoon. It was about the Judds….yep, all 3 of them. It was supposed to be Naomi’s wedding. I’m not sure if I was in the wedding or just attending it. She started out in a red dress. Then about half-way through, she suddenly had on a black dress with a gold jacket. She joined Wynona and Ashley on a different stage. Wynona was wearing a matching outfit. Ashley was wearing a different looking gold jacket with black pants. Then they all sang “Love Can Build a Bridge.” It’s amazing that I didn’t wake myself up during that. What’s funny is that I always remember my dreams, especially the really strange ones. Somehow I pushed that one way back in my mind for several hours, until hearing Ashley Judd mentioned in a Brad Paisley song. Then it all came back to me.

I’m praying for better rest tonight….for my cough to be better and no guest appearances in my dreams!

No comments:

Post a Comment