Tuesday, April 13, 2010

Youth Center


The front room of the house here is where we host our youth nights. On Friday nights we usually show a movie, serve popcorn and kool-aid, and offer a place for the youth to hang out.

Someone had donated a Playstation 3 to Tapé Missions. This past week we had PS3 night, instead of a movie. It went over really well, since we mostly have guys who come. They loved the car racing game. None of them were very good at it but I can’t say much about that, I was horrible at it and I do drive a car in real life. Most of them just drive motos.

I usually end up sitting out on the porch. But it never takes long for a few others to join me. I’m not much of a movie gal and definitely not a video game gal. I like the conversations on the porch better.

Earlier that day, Christie and I made a chocolate cake, all from scratch. To our surprise, it turned out delicious. That was a great treat that night when she came out with a piece of chocolate cake for everyone. Sometimes it works out for us that our desserts are too sweet for the people here, I got to eat my cake and the icing off someone else’s. Yummy!

No comments:

Post a Comment