Monday, April 12, 2010

Visit to the School

Friday afternoon, we visited the school in Arazaty, a nearby town. Before I could get both feet out of the car, I had a little girl, about 5 years old, with both arms wrapped around my waist hugging me. So sweet!

The kids here don’t go to school all day. Depending on what grade they’re in, the either go to morning classes, afternoon classes, or evening classes. Many kids only attend school through the 6th grade.

When we arrived at the school, the kids were in recess. They were all so sweet! One of the teachers gave me a tour of the classrooms. I loved the classroom for the youngest kids. There was a lot of artwork and creative learning tools. The kids all wanted to show us their drawings.

Saúl is starting to teach a Bible class there for all the kids. He taught on Noah’s Ark. They were each given a coloring page. The little girl who greeted me with a hug when we first got there sat in my lap while she colored.

I had such a good time, I told Christie that I wanted to enroll in school there so I could go hang out with those kids everyday.

No comments:

Post a Comment