Tuesday, April 13, 2010

National Convention

Saturday we traveled to Asuncion to attend the COGOP’s 33rd National Convention in Paraguay. I don’t want to steal Christie’s thoughts on that. So you’ll have to visit her blog and read more about it.

There’s a song they sing a lot here in the church services. The music always makes me feel Jewish. It’s actually talking about when God lead the people out of Egypt. As they sang this song Saturday night, people were dancing and having a great time. The word that comes to mind is “joy.” They were joyful in the Lord. I’ve never been one to feel free to dance and enjoy the Lord like that. I do long to though. I want to be completely free in the Lord, free to express my joy in whatever way it comes out. It is such a blessing to be in worship services here. I may not understand the words of the songs but I can still feel the Spirit of God. No matter what language you speak or what culture you’re in, God can speak to your heart in a way only you can understand and He can make His presence known to you in a way you can’t deny.

No comments:

Post a Comment